Vegan Chili and Tacos

Hi! This recipe is super versatile and is absolutely delicious. This is an idea for both a really filling dinner and as you will see an amazing lunch the next day. Most of my meals are this versatile, as I pack my own lunches every day and I have for a very long time. This chili inspo came from having way too many cans of red beans in my pantry. I don't know if this has ever happened to you, but personnally I sometimes get carried away during my weekly shopping and I end up buying the same things over and over again. Long story short, I had so many cans of red kidny beans in my pantry and I needed to make something of them, and let me tell you, this chili was the best thing I could have thought of. This is a great in-between seasons recipe to warm you up and fill your belly!



Serves 4

Ingredients:

- 2 cans of diced tomatoes (400g each)
- 1 can of red kidney beans (500g)
- 1 onion
- chili spice mix: garlic, cumin, paprika, oregano, chili peppers, salt, pepper

- optional sides: guacamole, shredded lettuce, corn taco shells or rice and broccoli

Step 1: Dice the onion and heat up some olive oil in a large pot.

Step 2: Fry your onion until it's translucid. Add your tomatoes, beans and spices. Let simmer for about 30 mins.

Step 3: Once most of the water has evaporated and your chili has thickened a bit, serve as you wish!
Enjoy!

Tips: For an amazing lunch, I put some of the chili in a tupperware with leftover rice and some broccoli. For the tacos, place the shells in the oven for a few minutes, shred some lettuce and make some guacamole (step 5)!


Comments

Popular Posts