My go-to brunch

Hi guys, I hope you're all having an incredible Sunday! Buckwheat pancakes or waffles are a long-standing Sunday tradition in my family and they're such a great addition to a nice Sunday brunch. Buckwheat is such an amazing grain because it's very dense, which makes these really filling, and as such I find this flour just perfect for brunch pancakes. These can be made both sweet and savoury, so they can satisfy every tastebud around the Sunday table. I call these pancakes but actually they're more like crêpes because in my family we like making them really big, however if you want smaller pancakes I have a great recipe right here. Enjoy!



Makes 12 pancakes
Ingredients:

- 3 eggs
- 2 cup buckwheat flour
- 4 cups DF milk (water works too!)
- coconut oil

Step 1: In a large bowl, beat the eggs together.

Step 2: Add the flour and mix. Progressively add the milk until you have a smooth and liquidy consistency.

Step 3: In a flat pan, put some coconut oil to melt. Let it heat up on medium-high heat.

Step 4: Add a laddle of batter to the pan and tilt the pan to let the batter coat the entirety of the pan. Once the crêpe batter looks dry on top, flip it and cook for another 2-3 mins. Do the same for the rest of the batter.

Enjoy this with some maple syrup, chocolate spread, vegan cheese or which ever other topping you dream of!





Comments

Popular Posts