Carrot Cake

Hi! This carrot cake is so popular in my surroundings that I couldn't stop myself from sharing it with you guys. I made this cake last weekend for the first time and I made two because I had too much batter. After heavy baking last weekend, I had made so many other things that I had kind of forgotten about these two hidden gems. Having a piece for breakfast the next day, my family and I realised just how delicious it was. However, we had way too much cake and I didn't want it to go to waste, so I brought it to uni the next day in order to give some out to my friends, as there were just too many baked goods in my pantry. I know, not everybody has the same problems! Handing it out to my friends all I got in return was amazingly positive feedback. As you'll be able to taste for yourself, this cake is so moist and soft, it will really just melt in your mouth. The combination of spices are incredibly delicious, and add to the great flavour of this cake. I really hope you enjoy, and I promise that this cake will be as big a success in your household as it was in mine!


Makes 2 cakes

Ingredients:

- 1 bag of carrots, about 10-12
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 pack baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp allspice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves)
- salt 

Step 1: Preheat your oven to 200°C.

Step 2: Peel and grate your carrots in a large bowl. I use a really small attachement on my grater, because I appreciate having little slivers of carrots, but modulate to your convenience.

Step 3: Mix in all the other dry ingredients together with the carrots: flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, allspice and a pinch of salt to taste. 

Step 4: In a large mixing bowl, froth your eggs and sugar together. As you keep mixing, you will see that together they begin to form a kind of mousse. Add your oil progressively while mixing slowly. Once all the oil is added, blend on high power until you see the mixture changing in colour and become lighter. It should also harden a little bit, and seem more like a mousse consistency than pure liquid.

Step 5: Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and incorporate the mixture evenly. After having obtain a homogenous mixture, pour your cake into a cake tin lined with a baking sheet.

Step 6: Cook in the oven for 30 mins. Let cool for a little while and bask in the amazing smell and taste of this delicious cake!








Comments

Popular Posts