Pecan Pie

 Hi guys! I have to admit that I'm really late on posting this recipe and I'm so sorry for that. To be completely truthful, I'm still working out how to balance my studies and posting schedule. I want to be more consistent in my posting and I want to provide more content, so I'm doing my best in posting more often. After this cursory introduction about life, let's dig in to what you've all been waiting for, the reason you clicked on this blog post: the delicious recipe for this pecan pie. I have few words that will encompass the tastiness, the creaminess and just the pure pleasure of this pie, but I will say this: this has converted my very european family to begin a Thanksgiving tradition, in order to have a reason to eat this pie. I really want you to enjoy this recipe as much as I do!




Ingredients:

For the crust:
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1cup flour
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 medjool dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon

For the filling:
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 8 dates
- 1/4 cup water

For the topping: 
- 1 cup pecans
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup

Step 1: Preheat oven 180°C.

Step 2: In a food processor, place all the ingredients for the crust and blend together until thoroughly combined. The dough should be slightly sticky.

Step 3: On a lined pie dish, place the crust and press to the sides in order to make a pie crust shape. It should be slightly thinner in the middle and the pie crust should mould to the sides of the dish. Place in the oven and bake for 15 mins.

Step 4: In a food processor, add the pecans and cashews for your filling. Blend together for 2-3mins. The nuts will being by making a flour and the begin to turn into a nut butter. Once the nuts are blended into smooth butter, add your dates and water to thin down the consistency. Change the water quantity according to the filling consistency you enjoy.

Step 5: Place your filling in the fridge. On a baking tray, place the pecans with the cinnamon and maple syrup. Combine until the pecans are coated and place them in the oven.

Step 6: Take the crust out of the oven and place the filling evenly in the pie. Once the pecans have baked for about 5-7 mins, they should be nicely toasted. Place them onto the pie.

Enjoy this decadent dessert!!





Comments

Popular Posts