Chocolate Brownies

Hello everyone! Chocolate brownies are such an amazing comfort food for me. I'm such a chocolate fan, honestly I could eat it by the bucket. This recipe is completely sugar-free and I swear you would never believe the fact that they were made with sweet potato. I've made chocolate sweet potato cake before with great success, and I decided to adapt the recipe to brownies because they are a much more accessible snack. If nobody stopped me, honestly I could eat a tray of these! Enjoy!



Makes 20 brownies
Ingredients:

- two large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 cups cacao powder
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 200g melted chocolate
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 2 eggs

Optional frosting:
- 200 g chocolate
- 4 tbsp almond milk

Step 1: Chop up the sweet potatoes into small bits and steam for about 25mins. Preheat the oven to 180°C.

Step 2: Once the sweet potatoes are really soft, place them in a large mixing bowl and mash them with a potato masher until smooth.

Step 3: Add the rest of your ingredients and combine until the brownie batter is smooth.

Step 4: Place in the oven and cook for 15 mins.

Step 5: If you want to add some delicious frosting for more chocolate goodness, in pan melt some chocolate with some almond milk. Once the brownies are baked, pour the frosting on top and let the brownies cool down in the fridge for about an hour.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts