Puff Pastry Salmon Wellington

Hey! This recipe was created because I wanted to make myself a fancy dinner and I had some salmon in the freezer. Often, I end up cooking and eating salmon the same way every time and I wanted to find a more diverse way of cooking fish. I didn't make the puff pastry myself and I haven't yet mastered the recipe for feuilleté but when I do, I'll make sure to update the recipe. I really hope you enjoy this recipe, the spinach is really creamy and it just ties the whole dish together. Dig in!


Ingredients
- 2 salmon filets (fresh or defrosted)
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- a small bottle of soy cream (50ml)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (I used Schär's)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 handful pine nuts
- egg wash

Step 1: In a pan, grill some onions and some garlic in olive oil. Preheat your oven to 180°C.

Step 2: Add your spinach and cream to the pan. Stir to combine.

Step 3: Once the spinach is cooked and has wilted, the consistency should seem very creamy. Add your pine nuts to the garnish and remove the pan from the heat.

Step 4: Place your puff pastry on a baking tray. Add your salmon fillets, making sure to let the edges free to fold them over. Place your garnish evenly over the salmon and fold the pastry over in order to wrap the salmon entirely.

Step 5: Score the puff pastry as seen in the picture. Brush some egg wash evenly over the pastry in order to make it golden brown when cooked.


Step 6: Cook for 20mins, until the pastry is a beautiful brown colour.

Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular Posts