Green veggie buddha bowl

Hi! Buddha bowls are probably some of my favorite meals because you can fill them up with so many different nutrients and vegetables, it really brings such great diversity and colour to a plate. The  idea of a buddha bowl is to have a good base, I usually use quinoa or rice because they carry out flavour really well and are filling in a very satisfying way. Then you add your "toppings" which should combine some protein, such as chickpeas, beans or tofu, with all the veggies you want and can possibly imagine. I really enjoy using hummus for my protein because its so creamy and acts as a kind of sauce with the other ingredients. This particular veggie bowl is such a go-to for me, mostly because as a student, I really value recipes that can be made with a minimum amount of effort and washing up. Theses veggies can be all cooked in one baking tray, the flavours meld together in the oven which is really nice and I usually have hummus in my fridge either homemade or store-bought. The quinoa is also really easy to cook as I just place the quinoa in my rice cooker, and it does the job itself. Enjoy this recipe!



Serves 4-5

Ingredients:

- 2 cups quinoa
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 broccolis
- 1 square of tofu
- 1 bag of spinach
- 1 spoon of hummus per serving
- lemon juice
- GF soy sauce (tamari)

Step 1: Preheat your oven 200°C. Chop up all the vegetables and tofu to your convenience: I chop the tofu in cubes, I seperate the broccoli into florets and for the sweet potatoes I either do cubes or fries.

Step 2: Sprinkle some olive oil on the veggies and some seasoning like salt and pepper, as well as some herbs. Marinate the tofu in tamari and place on the baking tray as well.

Step 3: Place the baking tray with the veggies in the oven for 30-45mins.

Step 4: In your rice cooker, place your quinoa. I usually always make more because I'm such a leftovers girl and I always love having quinoa in the fridge that make a quick meal or lunch box so easy to make. My tip for cooking quinoa is to add 2 cups of water, 1/2 cup of lemon juice and 1/2 cup of tamari, because quinoa is such an absorbing grain that the flavours really carry through and it makes a really good base.

Step 5: Your quinoa should take about 20 mins to cook. Once done, check your veggies: they should be slightly golden brown.

Step 6: Assemble your bowl to your convenience, I really like adding fresh spinach on top because they're such a nice vegetable and I enjoy having something fresh on my plate.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts